Mosquito Control Services
Mosquito Control & Prevention: Tiny Pest, Major Concerns
You’ll hear their high-pitched buzzing sounds by your ear, then feel that telltale prickle on your skin that tells you the enemy has landed. You may be able to swat down a few, but during mosquito season, it takes a more proactive effort to save you and your family from the itchy bumps they leave behind.
Mosquitoes can become such a problem that they actually keep you from enjoying your yard during some of the nicest times of the year. Additionally, mosquitoes pose a significant health threat due to diseases they can carry, like West Nile Virus and Encephalitis, which can be transmitted to your family and pets through a single bite. That’s what makes mosquito prevention so important!
Mosquito Inspection Services
As the regional weather throughout Maryland, northern Virginia and D.C. warms for the spring, mosquitoes become more active. You can evaluate your property and yourself for signs like these:
- Uncomfortable bites: Mosquitoes cause puffy, red or white inflammation on the skin. If a family member has an unusual amount of itchy marks, it may be from a nearby swarm.
- Stagnant water: Mosquitoes cluster around areas of still water to lay eggs — hundreds of potential young at a time, in fact. It’s important to identify outdoor sources of moisture that could become a breeding ground.
- Abundant shade: Deeply wooded areas are practically magnets for mosquitoes. And if your trees offer large amounts of shade, a whole neighborhood of these pesky insects could be enjoying them.
- Unwanted food eaters: Female mosquitoes drink blood to produce eggs, but males go after fruit nectar and the taste of sugary sweets. You could find a mosquito in the kitchen sampling the food you leave out.
When do you have to worry about mosquitoes? While mosquitoes tend to be the most bothersome at twilight and in the early morning, conditions around the home can promote their activity all day long, dramatically limiting the enjoyment of your yard both night and day. It’s a serious issue, which is why you should give real consideration to a customized home mosquito control program for both control and prevention.Evening Appointments Available – Contact Us Today
Targeted Mosquito Control Solutions
It’s time to mount a counter-attack and reclaim your yard from mosquitoes. As part of the Senate Family, Senate Termite and Pest Control will design a custom mosquito control solution for your needs. We safely handle large-scale exterminations using low-toxicity chemicals, choosing the right techniques for the health of people, pets and plant life. At your request, our green treatments for mosquitoes provide an eco-friendly alternative at no extra cost! We’re committed to saving you money while leaving no residential job incomplete — our pest-free warranty guarantees it.
When you request our mosquito treatment services, we start with an initial inspection to understand where mosquito activity is concentrated on your property. While visiting, our professionals can detail their recommendations to limit the risk of future infestations.
Our mosquito prevention company offers you significant flexibility with scheduling your inspection or control appointment. We’d suggest using our weekday evening hours for us to deal with mosquitoes when they’re most active.
Preventing Mosquito Infestations
Homeowners should try these tips to cut down on mosquito populations:
- Dumping standing water is the best advice we can provide! Even the tiniest sources like an upside-down bottle cap left in the rain is a potential mosquito nursery. Look out for liquid sitting in buckets, toys and old tires, and empty or remove the clutter from your lawn wherever possible. Replace the water in birdbaths about once per week and keep your swimming pool circulating.
- Mosquitoes prefer tall, dense and overgrown vegetation, such as weeds, brush and grass. Trim what you can and mow your lawn regularly.
- Patch holes in insect screens and keep doors and windows shut during the summertime if possible.
- To protect against bites, try wearing long socks, sleeves and pants, plus tucked-in shirts. Also, consider donning a head net.
Contact Senate Pest Control and Curb Your Mosquito Issues
The high-pitched whine of a mosquito swarm can annoy anyone — but don’t let these pests ruin your time outdoors! Call the reliable mosquito exterminators at Senate Pest Control and we’ll find the solution that works for your home, using well over two decades of experience serving MD and VA.
To build your free quote, speak to us by phone at 1-800-433-9409 or submit an online form today.
For your fast inspection call 1-800-433-9409 now!
When do you have to worry about Mosquitoes?
While mosquitoes tend to be the most bothersome at twilight and in the early morning, conditions around the home can promote their activity all day long, dramatically limiting the enjoyment of your yard both night and day. It’s a serious issue, which is why you should give real consideration to a customized home mosquito control program for both control and prevention.