Ants come in many varieties that may infest or damage your home. Each can be destructive or harmful in its own way. Three of the ants we encounter the most are Pharaoh Ants, Argentine and Carpenter Ants.
Prevention is obviously the best method of carpenter ant control. There are several steps you can take to help prevent carpenter ants from nesting in or near your home:
- Do not store firewood near your house. Keep it as far away from your structure as is feasible.
- Remove tree stumps, dead shrubs, and overhanging limbs from your yard.
- Perform routine inspections of your home and repair any elements damaged by moisture such as beams, joists and studs.
Once an infestation is suspected, we have a number of service options for carpenter ant control. We can inspect your home, locate the nest, treat for the infestation, and even help with moisture control if necessary. Whether we employ traditional treatment methods or our Eco-Friendly Green Service, Senate Termite Control is well qualified to help you solve your carpenter ant problems. As with all of our services, we customize a treatment plan to meet your specific needs.
For your fast inspection call 1-800-433-9409 now!
Identifying Ants vs. Termites
Flying ants can easily be confused for termites and vice versa. The graphic below points out the main visual differences so you can see if you have an ant or termite infestation. If you are unsure, please email a clear picture to Info@SenateTermiteControl.com.
- Termites have a thick waist and ants have a narrow waist.
- Termites have straight antennae and ants have elbowed antennae.
- Termites have four wings that are all equal in length.
- Flying Ants also have four wings. However, two are larger and two are smaller.